Saturday 4 June 2011

About the project

The need:

The human race exploits natural resources, wipes out entire habitats and pollutes the planet. Youngsters of the present generation are unable to grasp the magnitude of the consequences of these actions.

Accepted, everyone at school has heard of terms like global warming and climate change, and watched An Inconvenient Truth; but I feel that’s not enough. I believe that there is a lack of awareness among teenagers in my community when it comes to saving our environment. This is the need I seek to address through my iCAN project.

My idea to solve this problem:

I find that my own classmates and peers have the potential to contribute towards making their surroundings cleaner and greener, but are not mindful of the same. So, I think starting small and creating a difference in my school is a good idea.

My plan is about:

1.     Changing attitudes
My first goal is to help my schoolmates understand the issue that exists in the status quo, catch their interest and show them that they can contribute towards solving the problem.

2.     Green activities
Getting my schoolmates involved in the participation process is equally important, because this will produce tangible results. 

I'm not alone!

True, I came up with the idea, but I'm not in this alone. I have a mentor (who shares my passion!) to guide me through my project and help me in its implementation. I also have a Project Manager, who gives me inputs about planning right and monitors my progress. I really couldn't have come as far as I have without them.....

Go green!

No comments:

Post a Comment