Wednesday 1 June 2011

The beginning

I participated in a Summit conducted by iLive2LeadInternational, an organization that aims to promote leadership among young women from around the world. It was held at Global Adjustments, Chennai from March 4th-7th, 2011. Over these four enjoyable days, twenty two young women from across the country were transformed into budding leaders.

We learnt valuable skills and lessons through activities, lectures, meetings and more. As part of the programme, we were asked to come up with an iCAN (i Commit to Act Now) project to bring about a change for the better in our communities. I am passionate about saving the environment, and so, my iCAN proposal was about beginning an Environmental Consciousness drive in my school.

And that's how my iCAN project came about! I've created this blog to post updates about my progress and share my experience.

Go green!

No comments:

Post a Comment