Monday 19 September 2011

Succession Planning

I've been wondering for a long time as to how I'm going to keep this project alive once I graduate from school. I realized a while ago that I'm not going to be there in school anymore to keep it going- so i have to put some system in place to ensure that my efforts are not short lived. My Project Manager termed this as 'Succession Planning' (doesn't that sound so fancy?) Here's what I intend to do:

1. Draft out a list of responsibilities for the Environment Monitor: During the course of this project, I was chosen to be the Environment Monitor of the school. I was surprised to find that there were no specific environment-related duties assigned to me. So I've decided that I'll put pen to paper and write down what I feel should be done by the person who holds this post in the future, and hand it over to the teacher-in-charge. It will be a good way to sustain many of my green initiatives!

2. Popularize the Green Award: True, this is one of the activities in my Grand Plan, but it also falls under succession planning. That's because the Green Award is a big motivator for students to participate in eco-friendly initiatives. Since it's an annual award that's been instituted in the school, it will be given every year without exception. If students are aware of its existence, it will be more sought-after. That's exactly what I want, because then students will have to compete to win it, and the competitive spirit will encourage them to participate in more and more environment-related activities!

Go green!

No comments:

Post a Comment