Saturday 3 September 2011

Green Award

I planned to get a 'Green Award' instituted in my school to encourage students to participate in eco-friendly initiatives. Unexpectedly, I found that such an award was already in place in my school! After a little investigation, however, I realized that not too many students were aware that such an award existed (I wasn't either, till a few days ago!).

I spoke to my teacher and gleaned more details about the prize. Instituted by the Bala Bhavan Educational Trust, this rolling shield is given every year to a student who has shown keen interest in environmental activities both within and outside school. This matched what I had in mind when I initially made out my plan.

So I modified my Grand Plan a bit- instead of getting a new award in place, I have decided to popularize the existing one through my green newsletter, by making announcements about it in my school assembly and by putting up notices about it on the school notice boards.

I was extremely surprised to learn about the award (and a bit sad also, because I was quite excited about getting a new one instituted!), but I think it would work out well for the school as well as my project if I spread awareness about the existing prize.

Go green!

No comments:

Post a Comment